Friday, November 21, 2008

Remicade is magical for me


I am soooo much better. I love remicade and I feel so much better that I am only taking regular strength tylenol instead of codiene tylenol. It is a miracle to me. I am in love.

This second infussion went off without a hitch. 4 weeks now until my next one. I had the pleasure of meeting an elderly lady who was there for her first infussion and scared to death about the risks of the medication. I told her how I felt about improving my quality of life so I could adequetly parent my children and get more out of life than I was before this opportunity. I also feel lucky that this medication is available to me in my lifetime. When I was finished she got up and hugged me with tears in her eyes. She told me that she was certain that she was meant to cross paths with me and I had convinced her to remember that she needed to live with a more positive attitude towards life. I'm so glad that I could help her. My world is not really unique to any other chronicly ill mom out there. I don't think. I just need to remain that glass is half full attitude. Not that it's always easy. Every day is a challenge.

I can't believe how much laundry I need to do or that the Christmas trees (yes we have 2) need to be put up and on and on and on. Not to even mention the tiny dent I've only begun to put into the Christmas shopping. At least this year I will do it feeling better than last year. Putting one foot in front of the other is a little lighter than last year and that is the most wonderful Christmas gift ever.

Hopefully soon my colon will stop bleeding and I will no longer be enemic. The sight of so much blood is always sooo unnerving but that in itself is a bit of a hurdle to overcome. It's only been not quite 2.5 weeks but most of what I read says about 8 weeks till possible remission. I pray it's so. I think I'll call my gastro doctor for a pep talk today. He is an amazing man who always has time for me. A ton of my symptoms are better and that's so fabulous.

If I can raise 3 kids and foster a healthy marriage through this I can do anything. Right??


Laurie

No comments: